Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RES: Building an Information Asset database

From: "Bharat Gosalia" <bharat_gosalia () mafatlalcipherspace in>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:19:20 +0000

Fábio Soto,

Thanks for Info.
I am a beginner and will appreciate all the inputs you can give.

Bharat

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:34:12 -0200
 Fábio Soto <fabio () andradesoto com br> wrote:
Bharat,

That's the Microsoft Risk Assessment/Analysis methodology, and it is
a good way to go.

One thing I've changed about it is the risk calculation. We need to
establish the risk criteria for impact and likelihood (financial
impact, availability impact, confidentiality impact, integrity
impact).

After we calculate the impact with all that variables, and the
likelihood (I use 2 likelihood variables), we can use the well known
"Risk = Impact * Likelihood".

Then we need to define the controls and the residual risks after
implementing that controls.

Regards,

Fábio Soto