Security Basics mailing list archives

Picking a SIEM: How's envision compared with Arcsight?

From: xxuuyyong () gmail com
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 21:45:26 GMT

We are looking for a new SIEM for a very large enterprise environment.

ArcSight's sales people are always like you must be idiots if you are not using our product.  But my concern is that
they got acquired by HP, and our past experience dealing with HP's customer support hasn't been very pleasant.  There
are also rumors that ArcSight has been losing its talents after acquired by HP.

I also looked at QRadar and it's a wonderful product.  However, it's acquired by IBM.  Is it a good idea to invest a
lot of money and effort on a product that's bound to be discontinued and unsupported in a short couple of years in
order to be replaced by a re-branded product?

Then there's the RSA envision.  It's been under RSA's product line-up for many years and EMC got it integrated with its
archer and netwitness products.  This makes it a more stable pick to me.  Can anyone comment on the performance,
support, and the maintenance complexity of the envision compared to the ArcSight?

TIA

Ian

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1