Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability Scanning - Prioritising Remediation

From: Dominick Birolin <Dominick.Birolin () naeallc com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:01:01 -0400

Depending on the IPS setting the IPS can interpret vulnerability scanning as a malicious traffic attempt and block it.
You have tune the IPS correctly to avoid this. It takes a little bit of time but once it is done correctly you will not
have to switch it off every time you want to scan.

Regards,
Dominick J. Birolin
Network Engineer / Cyber Security
Desk    732-623-8896