Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: For firewalls, what`s best? Load-Sharing or High-Availability?

From: PEra (MLS) <lists () sevenlayers org>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 01:16:44 +0200

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 19:59:38 GMT
hosts.deny () gmail com wrote:

I`m working with a customer that uses Checkpoint Firewalls and he
wants to know what`s the best for their environment, is it
Load-Sharing or High-Availability ?

In my experience, Active/Passive works much more reliable than
Active/Active.

Actually, they have 3 cluster of HA firewalls that are one on
Internet, another for Users and another one for the DMZ. Is it a good
topology ?

That depends on their traffic patterns. Could be okay, could be screwd
up. But it's hard to tell with the little info you gave.

What do you think buddies?

About Checkpoint in general? Throw them out. :) Their time's up.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1