Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a "secure" alternative to MSN.

From: Bogdan V <bogdanv () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:55:01 +0200

Hello,

You could try Skype for SSL chat, or either try to setup a secure connection by Jabber with Google Talk network.

Pidgin can use some addons for SSL chat (haven't used it since Gaim though), but it is limited only to users that have
that addon.

You should remember that using a secure chat through proxy servers in a controlled environment (work network for
example), could expose your connection to corporate SSL content inspection filters, that "break" your SSL with the
internet server (or client) and can listen to your chat.
You should always check the SSL certs that you're using.

BR,
Bogdan

Sent from mobile.