Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Corporate E-Mail on Personal Devices

From: olufemimogaji () gmail com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:52:57 +0000

Hey cerny,

Blackberries can be configured to be wiped, but you'll have to make sure users lock their phones, both manually and
after a timeout. The wipe happens after a wrong password is entered a certain amount of times. I think iPhones also
have this capability. It all boils down to the mobile device being used. Security policy should have it that only users
of mobile devices with acceptable security capabilities can access corporate info remotely.

Hope that helped a bit.

Regards,

Femi M.
IT/Information Security,