Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN Access with LDAP Server

From: bart knippenberg <bartknippenberg () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:21:16 +0100

Hello Muhammed,

You can check here for Cisco ASa example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008089149d.shtml

best regards

Bart Knippenberg

2011/2/9 Muhammad Hafiz Bin Rafek <hafiz () cybersecurity my>:
 Hi all,

anybody know the "how-to" to do the vpn access with LDAP server.
By now, our communication is with LDAP server.
But what i want to do is, i have 3 VPN profile with 3 different group
profile (A, B and C).
to access the vpn, they must have a username and password at LDAP server.
Is it LDAP server or Cisco VPN can do user A only can access to VPN A
and user B access to VPN B and user C access to VPN C.
How??

Thank you

--
Muhammad Hafiz Bin Rafek
Analyst, Network and Security

Disclaimer:

“This email (and any attachment to it) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed. CyberSecurity Malaysia assumes no liability whatsoever for the content of this email or for the
consequences of actions taken based on such content unless it is subsequently confirmed in writing. Unintended
recipients are notified that disclosing, copying or distributing of this email, or acting based on its contents, is
strictly prohibited; and you are to immediately and permanently delete or destroy this email and notify the sender
forthwith.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1