Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Reporting malicious people?

From: "Brad Bemis" <brad.bemis () secureitexpert com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 07:12:20 -0700

The answer to your question depends on a couple of factors.

- From the sound of things, you are trying to report a security incident that
happened just to you on a personal computer...  or am I misreading this and
you are talking about an attack that was conducted against a corporate asset
for which you are responsible?

Which country and state/province are you in?  This will also influence who
you can report these types of events to.

Assuming that you are reporting as an individual - and that you are in the
US...  here is a link that will get you all the information you need for
reporting this to the proper authorities:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.htm

If not, just repost with some answers to my questions and I can offer some
alternatives...

Brad Bemis, CISSP, CISA
Information Security Professional
SecureITExpert | Seattle WA