Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Reporting malicious people?

From: TAS <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 01:48:32 +0530

I am not sure if there is some written protocol or guideline to
reports incidents. But however, if you are keen on reporting incidents
then you could try reporting incidents on hxxp://www.phishtank.com/ .
You can enumerate the DNS info of the ISP to whom the IP address range
belongs to and report the incident on the email address mentioned
there. Usually it is abuse () ISPNAME com . Also most of the ISP's have a
descent ticketing system where you can simply log a ticket with
certain priority and wait for them to react to it. Yahoo!, BigDaddy
etc have forms that you need to submit for them to react to. They are
prompt most of the time. The key here is the right contact email.

A very good resource for the right email address is hxxp://abuse.net.

Hope that helps

-
TAS
hxxp://twitter.com/p0wnsauc3