Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Monitoring Software

From: Eric Ong <eric.ccong () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:44:48 +0800

Hi all,

My environment is that there are a number of the network equipments,
from McAfee IPS, SIG appliance, Junipter SSG firewall, Cisco firewall,
cisco/3com/H3c switch and plenty number of the web application for
both internal and external.

It is hard for me to monitor all of these equipments and even review
the log generated by them.

I want to identify the potentail application/tools that can help to
monitor the basic information such as the host availability,
CPU/Memory/Disk usage for servers and generate the log file. These log
file can be archieved at the centrailized local.

This is preferred to a dashboard for centralized monitoring.

Regards,

Eric