Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IdM solution

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:13:40 -0600

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:50:37 +0100, Radmilo Racic <rracic () gmail com>
wrote:

I am faced with a dillema of implementing an IdM solution that works
on both Linux and Windows with AD being the authoritative depository
of auth information. Does anybody have any input on what might work?
We've implemented Centrify but it does not solve some of our specific
problems, in particular, it does now allow us to work with non-LDAP
machines... Any input?

A possibility:

        http://freshmeat.net/projects/likewiseopen

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1