Security Basics mailing list archives

Antwort: Re: web browsing in production environment - a journey through comfort and security

From: info () hitcon de
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:31:53 +0200

- Trying to prevent with what? With a policy to snip the active content,
im trying to prevent browser holes. i had my own expriences with scripts
from websites that injected viruses to my host, just because i deactivated
"no script" in firefox. with the AV engines - resist viruses via HTTP(s)

- I absolutely understand why users are upset because they arent able to
browse the internet like theyre at home and have to request the it staff
to set a website as trusted (to have active content working!)

- in my opinion the policy makes absolut sense and i am im firmly conviced
of it but thats not the question because im looking for alternatives and
assess the risk management