Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: buffer overflows

From: Sanjay R <2sanjayr () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:50:13 +0530

Hi,
as suggested by Fuggiano, by default, gcc has stack protection
(StackShield). so, if you got the error similar to
**** Stack Smashing detected****.. try to disable it by
gcc --no-stack-protector -o vuln vuln.c
 Please let us also know if still you are not able to run the
examples, so that we will also be aware of this.
-sanjay