Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: mail server vulnerability

From: "Atilla Remote Support" <info () atilla dhs org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:48:39 +0100

I don't now how it got fixed.
It was not possible for me to fake a mta manually
by telnetting to the ip and port 25 and then write
a mail from root to an existing user.
But it was some time ago, maybe Kerio checked it
by a helo timeout setting.

I'm glad my thoughts were correct about port 25
that it should be open and not closed like Praveen
said.
Thank you all for the answers!