Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to secure pendrive ?

From: "J.Bakshi" <j.bakshi () icmail net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:43:53 +0530

Dear all,

thanks a lot for your responses.
Most of you are in favour of truecrypt though some of you have suggessted
LUCKS. Ok first thing first.

I have gone through truecrypt today. I have found some very cool feature like
hidden volume and hidden OS. It really looks very very attractive to me. So I
can now encrypt my first 4 GB with truecrypt and use it as pendribe. No
problrm. But I like to use the rest of the 4 GB for hidden OS. YES !! hidden
OS. Now the challange. GRUB has no support to de-crypt the truecrypt
partition. Hence GRUB will be at the hidden volume to call the OS. Here I
need one more boot-loader which can decrypt the hidden volume and call GRUB
to finally boot OS. Is there any bootloader which can be installed at the MBR
which understand the truecrypt volume ?

Thanks to all of you once again for your suggestion so far.. :-)