Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ASPXSPY

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:57:08 -0400

Hi Jared,
        Its impossible for anyone worth their salt to advise you without
knowing more about your setup and its respective capabilities. What sort
of application are you using? What is the purpose of the application?
How is your network designed? If you'd like to respond off-line I'd be
more than happy to give you some advice. You might even want to pick up
the phone and call me (my cell). Talk with you soon!

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
-------------------------------
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

Jared C. Henry wrote:
Hey Everyone,
I had a quick question. I was looking at one of my servers awhile ago
and discovered an aspx file called "kk.aspx". After looking at the code
it was quickly determined that it was a rootkit. After launching the
page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get
sick at my stomach. Has anyone had any type of experience with this? I
deleted the files. The server is running server 2000. Is there any type
of recent exploits that would allow this that you know of?

Thanks,
Jared