Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hard Drive Forensics Question

From: "Landriault, Yan" <Yan_Landriault () ultramar ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:16:48 -0400

Also, it's been 6 months since he left!
There is probably no "residue" left on the HDD...
And if something was that important, they would not have wait for 6 months to get it...?

Also, does their Company Policy explicitly imply that they cannot copy files out of the USB drive?
If not he did not break any "rule"...

Last thing...
When you copy files between a drive and a Mac, you often end up with some "system" files everywhere, like thumbnails,
Mac ID files, etc...
I don't know exactly what but I know I often find files on my USB thumbs that were put there by a Mac.
You do not see these files in Mac OS but it shows under Windows...

10-4.

Yan Landriault, CSSA - Ultramar Canada
Administrateur Infrastructure & Sécurité
yan_landriault () ultramar ca
514-499-6380