Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Flash Drive Policy

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:03:26 +0530

Steven,

You would need to modify the document however I think this is close to
what you are looking for.

http://www.sans.org/resources/policies/Remote_Access.pdf

http://www.sans.org/resources/policies/Information_Sensitivity_Policy.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Steven Bonici <sbonici () ilaonline org> wrote:

I am actually looking for a document.  I know there are tools out there
and we should be using them, but I would like to start with some kind of
written document.  There are a number people that take work home (I know
that is bad), but I haven't been here all that long and they have been
doing this since the "floppy" days.  I am concerned that people are not
protecting themselves correctly at home (antivirus, updates, etc) and
want to make sure they aware that they are responsible for the data on
the drive.  I have been holding security awareness presentations, but we
need a written policy that they are going to sign.

Thanks.