Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Flash Drive Policy

From: "W. Lee Schexnaider" <l.schex () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:28:03 -0500

Hello,

I believe you are looking for policies, not products.

California policy on portable computer and storage devices
http://www.dof.ca.gov/budgeting/budget_letters/documents/BL05-32.pdf

The ISF standard, section UE 4, pdf download
https://www.isfsecuritystandard.com/SOGP07/index.htm

NIST SP800-53 Rev. 2, and SP800-53SA, sections AC-19
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsSPs.html

The Sedona Principles, Comment 8b
http://www.thesedonaconference.org/dltForm?did=TSC_PRINCP_2nd_ed_607.pdf

Those are the documents I had on hand.  You will need to search using
the terms "portable storage" to find more since these type so policies
cover thumb drives as well as portable drives (USB or firewire)

Lee

W. Lee Schexnaider, CISSP
Sr. Engineer – Compliance Content Developer/Researcher
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com
Houston, Texas
Email: lee_schexnaider () symantec com