Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web Traffic Security and Eavesdropping

From: mojorising <moj0rising () aim com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:53:18 -0800

Cool, cool. This makes a lot of sense. I've got a pretty solid
understanding of it now.

Thanks again, everyone.

Mike

2008/11/17 Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>:
Hi,

I would just say that a determined person can do anything. The
simplest way can be to get into the same network by getting hold of a
single compromised machine and then just sniff for the data. The BGP
attack is quite possible but in practice how guaranteed the attack is
a question. Still, the point is it can be carried out from any node on
the internet that makes it dangerous.

Regards,