Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows 2003 auditing tools?

From: yossi.no.spam () gmaildot com
Date: 10 May 2008 21:18:57 -0000

Hi Gabriel,

I've been using ObserveIT for the past 12 months. I'm working at a large telecommunication provider and we have over
1000 monitored servers. ObserveIT has given us control over our external vendor access and has performed exceptionally
well so far. The database size is amazingly small - less than 50GB - for 1000 servers and a year's full video archive.
In my opinion, the metadata indexing is what makes ObserveIT so successful, as it allows you to perform searches and
not need to sit in front of a 6-hour-long video. You can simply look at the actions performed in that session, and do
the same search accross your entire enterprise.

I strongly recommend it.

Yossi