Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Logging question?

From: "Gleb Paharenko" <gpaharenko () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:27:28 +0300

Hi.

Is it really necessary? Are just the "deny" logs critical?
Say disk space is not in abundance.

It depends on your policy. From my past experience it is very useful
when you're performing
incident investigation. You should probably react on suspicious 'deny'
alarms as it can be caused by
network compromise attempts.