Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Basic Computer Security Advice Needed

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:31:44 -0700

The SANS Reading Room is your friend - look for it on http://www.sans.org.

Also, a couple of words of advice.

First, make sure that the OSes you're using are supported by the
vendor. If any of them are too old for vendor support ('fer instance,
Win9x, and Pre-OSX Macs) make sure they don't have access to the
Internet, or any network, for that matter.

Second, make sure they're patched.

Beyond that, what you need to do will depend on your circumstances.

Kurt

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Mark Goodridge