Security Basics mailing list archives

RDP and SSL

From: "Chris Mitchell" <cmitchell () smtusa com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:39:58 -0500

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question.  We are looking for
alternative ways to run RDP over SSL.  We use a mobile client (Windows
Mobile 6) for remote administration when out of office.  I am not able to
find a program which will allow us to use a secure certificate with the
client, I can find the updated RDP client which will allow it on the desktop
environment.  I am wondering if the web client (active X) would still be
secure if it was loaded into a web site which was assigned a valid SSL cert?

If not does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Chris