Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File sharing with Bittorrent: what possible security threads?

From: "Razi Shaban" <razishaban () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:31:48 +0200

You don't need a computer science degree to do anything :-)

If someone wrote the virus themself, chances are it will not be
detected by most scanners.

You should use virustotal.com if you're ever suspicious of any file.

--
Razi

On 3/27/08, Thomas Jespersen <front243 () stofanet dk> wrote:
Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
 > Can you give me more details about techniques how they do it? Is it
 > possible to remove this embedded malware? With what tools?

I think you can get automated tools to "inject" malaware into any
 executable file, so you don't need a computer science degree to make
 such malicious programs.

 Antivirus and Anti-trojan programs can find many, but not all of those
 malicious programs