Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What about Kaspersky AV?

From: Tim Stevens <audionyx () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:59:53 -0500

Hi folks,

I heartily agree with accolades for NOD32 and Kaspersky but, as I recall, Symantec has had some issues in the past few
months that seriously impacted a California company and the customers to whom they provide service. This went on for a
few days and support was said to be very slow.  I would consider researching tech news going back to about November to
learn more.

tim
----

Kaspersky is one of the best antivirus solutions, if i'm not wrong it
was founded by some russian hacker group initially.

Well, i agree with Praveen vashishtha that for 10000+ user company,
its the Symantec that you should go for.

We have lots of big shot customers (PCI and HIPPA compliant) who run
Symantec in their environment.

Thanks,
Kartik