Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Am I still vulnerable to attack?

From: "Jesse Rink" <jesse-rink () wi rr com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:55:37 -0600

It's my personal opinion (I do a lot of work for schools), that the biggest
threat to school is internal.  Students are constantly trying to find
backdoors into your network and are likely to be smarter than you think.
I've seen several schools get hacked using various methods.  And since
students have physical access to your machines in the first place, any
prevention at the external/firewall level is already bypassed in reality.
Just my $.02.