Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?

From: Nick Duda <nduda () VistaPrint com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:49:03 -0400

Not to go off topic too much, but my understanding is that WEP, while it can be cracked is still hard to crack for the
average home based on the number of WEP packets that you need to capture in order to crack WEP. Cracking it on a
corporate network with lots of WEP activity would be easier.

Is this not the case anymore? I;m not defending WEP by anymeans, down with WEP!

- Nick