Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SSL VPN Risk Assessment

From: "Eric Pinkerton" <EPinkerton () soulaustralia com au>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:47:36 +1100

My reading of this is that you just need to express the rationale behind
your recommendations in terms the people who have to fork out the cash
for it will understand, ie the bottom line, what will they have to
spend, against what it could cost them if they don't.

Their job is to choose to either accept or mitigate these risks so as
the expert they are looking for your help on justifying the costs
associated.

Its not enough to say you need 2 factor auth, you have to say why you
think this is the case - talk about the dangers of keyloggers, or do a
password audit and show that some passwords can be easily guessed etc
etc etc.