Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: exchange data between two different systems

From: "Mohammad N. Tina" <mohammad.tina () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:26:23 +0300

Dear All,
Thanks you all for replying, as for the why we don't have direct
connection , has to do with some laws i have to follows.
i don't have any control on the other side, the data type is text and
it is considered sensitive, why xml is becoes this will be interface
with my DB Oracle(java application), the frequency is between 1-3
days.

my server is linux, the email account will a special one in which when
receiving attachment will be stored in my server and script will
validate files to put it in my DB.( of course the emails will be
encrypted).

other way i am thinking is to have a middle server which me and the
other side can connect to and put the files there, i am not sure i
will be to succeed to have this solution as i will go into who control
the  server in which part it will be..etc

just want to be ready to any situation..

Thanks