Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Firewalls and PCI

From: "Honer, Lance" <lhoner () smartgrp com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:16:03 -0500

I can't speak for other QSA's but I would have no problem with just one
physical device for all segments.

Grant it the safest solution is would be a separate physical device for
each where it's a different make and model so that a compromise of the
internet facing device would not compromise every other firewall. But
this can open up a whole mess of other problems that is beyond the scope
of this discussion.

Who is this "client" your referring to, I'm not asking for names just
for the relationship here?

Lance