Security Basics mailing list archives

VPN Group - Least Privaledges

From: fac51 <fac51 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:16:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

Apologies for the simplicity of the question in advance.

I am looking at various tunnel groups that have been set up on our firewall.
Most have the full tcp-ip suite open when they connect to the VPN. (crazy huh)

Anyway, I want to lock them down to specific services.
RDP - 3389
HTTP - 80
etc.

My problem is that the main feature that is required from the VPN is they want to drag and drop files between devices.
I cannot find anywhere what port that file transfer is communicated on?

I thought it may by FTP - 21 but wasn't sure.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Steve

Looking for last minute shopping deals?