Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: what's the meaning of threats from unknown peoples in yahoo services? what they looking for?

From: "Chris Sweeney" <chris.sweeney () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:56:34 +0300

Not really.  I doubt there's much that can be done just by forwarding
a message to your friends.  This is nothing more than another
variation of the chain letter, started by people with nothing better
to do and continued by those foolish enough to believe it.  Perhaps
the originator feels significant if he sees it come back some time in
the future.