Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Examination Practices ?

From: "Yousef Syed" <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:23:40 +0100

David,
It was a  generallization.
The CISSP is a maagement exam.
If you focus on learning all the technical matters of each of the
domains (though commendable and useful) would not necessarily mean
you'll ace the exam. When answering many of the questions, you need to
put a manager's "hat" on and that means you have to weigh things up on
a budgetary basis, or policy basis, or HR/Legal/compliance basis, or
Employee safety basis; as well as weighing up the more technical
security pros and cons.

I hope that helps clarify the matter.
ys