Security Basics mailing list archives

Re:Re: Call for papers

From: Christian Theilmann <christian_theilmann () yahoo de>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:59:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Christian Theilmann
<christian_theilmann () yahoo de> wrote:
 Hi list,

 together with some others I'm currently building a security website and we need to fill the "Papers" section.
 We think about a section which features papers from the early 1980's to present, so feel free to submit old papers,
too.
 These information must be provided:

 Name of the paper, Author, Release date (you just have to know the year), the file itself and the category.

 Following categories exist:

 Hacking,Phreaking, Faking, Coding, Technical Docs (reverse engineering, too)and Miscellanous (should fit in the
security theme though, nothingabout your cat please ;-)).

 I hope to recieve a bunch o' files ;D

 ~Christian

 P..S: The reason not to look for papers myself is, some sites allow to download and republish, some don't, I dont
want to piss people right from the start.

    Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.
 www.yahoo.de/go

What website will this be for?

--
Mark Owen

I just decided to seperate the section to its own site, current workingtitle is "greyLIB".
It is in a very early development stage, some papers have been uploaded for design considerations.
The "By Theme"-menu works, the "By Year"-menu has yet to be implemented. The (pre-alpha) site can be reached via
http://greylib.sugarshocked.info/

The themes are very roughly defined by the categories I mentioned in an earlier email, currently I'm not planning to
categorize the categories any further (e.g. Passwordhacking in Hacking etc.) but this might happen when I have enough
papers to fill new categories.
The miscellanous category will contain stuff related to the scene which doesn't fit in any of the other categories
(e.g. common myths about hackers, fun stuff etc.).

~Christian

      Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail -
www.yahoo.de/mail