Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows firewall on active directory servers

From: "Dan Lynch" <DLynch () placer ca gov>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:45:49 -0800

I'll first agree with Paul and Ansgar. Proper network segmentation is
essential in a school environment.

That said, see these two docs for details on constructing IPSec tunnels
between servers and limiting the range of dynamic RPC ports.

Active Directory Replication over Firewalls

Active Directory in Networks Segmented by Firewalls
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c2ef3846-43f0-4
caf-9767-a9166368434e&displaylang=en

Dan Lynch, CISSP
Information Technology Analyst