Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Open Source Web Content/URL Filter

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:06:38 +0530

Hi Murthysd,

You can have a look at the 'Open Source Web Content Filtering Project' (OSWCFP).

OSWCFP is a combination of:

Linux - Operating System
DansGuardian - Content Control Software
Squid Cache - Open source software package designed to act as a
caching proxy server for internet traffic or a web accelerator
SARG - Generates HTML reports on sites accessed and blocked

More Info: http://www.kathmannlabs.net/mediawiki/index.php/Open_Source_Web_Content_Filtering_Project

Also I agree with Morgan, that authenticating SQUID with Microsoft
Active Directory, though not simple, but is very much possible. You
can refer to this guide for the same:
Link: http://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory

Hope this helps !!

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessment & Digital Forensics
NII Consulting
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Security Products: http://www.niiconsulting.com/products.html