Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: jamming or blocking WLAN

From: "Andy Cuff (Talisker)" <SecurityLists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:14:27 +0100

Hi Adam,
I'd suggest that you approach jamming wireless with care, as it's certainly
illegal in the UK and I suspect many other countries

There are a number of products out there which will detect rogue Access
Points, with reference to securing wireless in general, Matt Byrne's
wirelessdefence.org note (Defence is spelt in English not American) is a
great resource http://wirelessdefence.org/

We have details of the various Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems here
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/index.php/component/mtree/IDS-and-IPS/Wire
less-IDS.html

Regards

Andy Cuff