Security Basics mailing list archives

Data theft and data leakage statistics

From: kevin () crystalglobal com
Date: 1 Apr 2008 10:20:47 -0000

Hello,

I am looking for statistical information on data theft, and data leakage - that are from well known sources. Does
anybody know of any resource where I can get this information from?
Below is the type of information I am looking for

1)Looking for what percentage of employees take data with them when they leave jobs
Percentage of data leakage through various devices i.e. USB, email etc
2)Percentage of data theft through other means i.e. hacking corporations to steal data, and or using other methods to
steal the data.
3)How much on a global level is lost annually to data theft and leakage
4) And any other statistical information relating to data theft and data leakage would be good

Thanks

Kevin