Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless range limiting

From: "Patterson, Michael" <mpatterson () susquehannahealth org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:12:24 -0400

We ran into the issue of finding gaps of wireless coverage and viewing our coverage with floor plans that we loaded.
It's also nice to test the shaping of directional antennas and signal shaping.  Air magnet seemed to do the trick, but
that's just one of the better products that I have been exposed to, so remember there could be something better.
http://www.airmagnet.com/products/survey/

For spectrum analyzing we use Cognio Spectrum Analyzer with a Cognio card (which was acquired by Cisco now I believe)

Disclaimer:
Once again this is just one person's suggestion so please use your best judgment.

Hope that helps!

Michael Patterson

Susquehanna Health
Information Technology
mpatterson () susquehannahealth org

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments originate by electronic mail from Susquehanna Health and their
subsidiaries/affiliates ("SH"). Both this document and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee
indicated above and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use or disclosure of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it,
please notify the sender by reply email, with a copy to ITSecurity () susquehannahealth org and then promptly delete
the original and reply messages. Thank you for your cooperation.