Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: webdav security problem

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:33:19 +0530

Hello Bag,

You could probably go for implementing .htaccess and .htpasswd
concepts which are provided by Apache.

By this method, only authorized users will only be able to access the
files/folders on remote web-server since they would have to
authenticate first.

More Information about .htaccess and .htpasswd:

http://blog.dreamhosters.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=3083
http://www.cgi-interactive-uk.com/htaccess.html
http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/htaccess.shtml

--