Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: "Endpoint" security solutions?

From: Vijay K <globevk () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

For enterprise products you might want to check
EndForce and InfoExpress

End point security is quite an area comprising several
components

1. Anti-Virus
2. Trojans
3. root kits
4. Malware
5. Security Patching O/S
6. worms
7. spyware and tracking cookies
8. Browser hijacks
9. Patch updates
10. Hacks and firewalls
11. Vulnerability and remediation

and others if i missed out a few...

Enterprise issues largely target device management,
secure patching, policy management, quarantine issues,
remediation methods and incident response techniques

Patch management companies such as altiris that you
mentioned do few tasks not everything. companies such
as bigfix, shavlik, symantec live state, novell
provide the infrastructure that an enterprise needs
for centrally managing IT and audit regulatory
compliance like sarbnes oxley.

For vulnerability you may want to check qualys, eeye
and others

Hope that helps
cheers
Vijay Kakumanu

--- Kelly Keeton <kellyrkeeton () gmail com> wrote:

you might check out IronMail and Borderware

On 9/4/07, spencerforhire <spencerforhire () gmail com>