Security Basics mailing list archives

DIRECTIVE 2006/24/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT

From: stephen Glasgow <fac51 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Apologies if this is old news but it's the first time I have come across it.

According to one of my suppliers there is a European Directive 24/EC that is due to come into force in the EU.

The only reason I ask is that I am trying to plan a wireless upgrade and was told by the sales monkey that I needed to
take it into account.
"because of the forthcoming legislative requirements to cater for "Lawful Intercept"."

News to me, has anyone else heard of it or am I being techno babbled by a salesman.

Cheers,

SG

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html