Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Napster vs. ITunes.. Which is more secure?

From: <desertpenguin007 () msn com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:35:03 -0400

Exactly! And that's something we definitely want to prevent (users seeing it as a challenge or even an "attack" on
their creativity)  Thing is, sometimes users need to grab  music for presentations etc and some use it just to have
some "pick me up" going on in their offices.  The hurdle here is that no one questions when we ask to remove limewire,
bearshare etc (which should be blocked in the first place IMO, and are definitely blocked in mcafee), but the questions
arise when napster is asked to be removed (because they are considered legal now).. Hmm maybe its best to just block at
the network level