Security Basics mailing list archives

Network event viewer

From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:44:29 -0400

We are looking into a low cost easy to setup software that will consolidate the eventlogs of our servers in one location. I found a product called Network Event Viewer by a company called Corner Bowl Software. You can direct the eventlogs into a SQL database and also you can have it send emails based on criteria you specify. So far I am just saying basically what the webpage says. I was wondering if any of you have experience using this product and what your thoughts are? If you have additional suggestions on low cost solutions I would be happy to entertain them as well.

Raoul