Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How (best) to use web-from entry of an OTP/OPIE password to control a PF-firewall?

From: "Albert T" <albert.t680333 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:08:02 -0800

Sean,

If you want your clients to connect from "any Kinko's" you might look at
portable apps.

http://portableapps.com/

I saw a cool demo of portable apps about a month ago. They have a
portable version of PuTTY. Install portable PuTTY on a USB flash
drive and then keep the flash drive on your key chain. You can plug the USB flash
drive into any computer running Microsoft Windows and run PuTTY off the flash drive.

Well, then "any Kinko's" was not an appropriate description.  My fault.

"Portable" apps on a keychain assume that USB access is enabled.

My remote users need to be able to access with ONLY a browser.  No
USB-, drives, peripherlas, etc to be plugged in.

Which is why I'm asking about browser-only solutions.  INSTALLED
browsers, that is.

Albert