Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How (best) to use web-from entry of an OTP/OPIE password to control a PF-firewall?

From: "Albert T" <albert.t680333 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:50:20 -0800

Sean

The first idea that came to my mind was authpf. Unfortunately it does not
meet your above requirements because it requires shell access. I think
you might want to consider using authpf instead. Here is a link to the
authpf section in the OpenBSD PF FAQ.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/authpf.html

And a link to the authpf(8) man page for OpenBSD 4.2 release.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=authpf&sektion=8&manpath=OpenBSD+4.2

I didn't know about AuthPF.  Interesting.

But, as you point out, only shell access, right?

My remote users need to be able to access from "any Kinko's" (for
example) where there's no guarantee of Shell access, but *always* a
browser at hand.

AuthPF does look like it's worth learning about.

Thanks.

Albert