Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Private IP address with yahoo messenger

From: "Vivek P" <iamherevivek () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:27:32 +0530

hi

okie.. i think it is my mistake of incomplete understanding of the mail..

This is the way i tested it, & my answer is still yes [ you can get
the private IP]

1. You can test it using yahoo booters and an authentic yahoo id both
running from your machine, sniff the packets & create an analysis
based on that. it eill reveal the levels of security embedded by yahoo
to hide the packet information from source to target.

2.Through packet malformation you can get information of the target IP
address.Though this method is not a simple one to execute.

3. As you had specified.. by just forensic analysis, i am not sure of
a direct method, i will get back to you after reffering my database on
this side. I will also revert on the tools to you in some time from
now.

Thank you for your interest on research

--
Vivek P Nair