Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Some Facts - Was CISSP

From: "Simmons, James" <jsimmons () eds com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:44:43 -0500

Craig, your statement of "exasperation" was directed at myself and
myself alone. You have, on a public forum, called into question my
financial and managing skills to my discredit as a statement of fact.
Who is more guilty of libel?

Quoting your source about Geopel J. of Supreme Court of British
Columbia,
http://www.hg.org/articles/article_1790.html

a communication is defamatory if it "tends to harm the reputation of
another so as to lower [him, her or it] in the estimation of the
community or deter third persons from associating or dealing with them.

But I hope to put all that behind us and continue with the discussion as
I would like to think I am above all this "he said something that hurt
my feels so I must make a legal argument out of it." Though, now I
realize why a few highly regarded speakers start off their presentations
with a phrase commenting on how they are not experts and in no way
should you trust them.

I am glad to see that Craig has brought to the table some actual pieces
of information.
But I will have to address them at another time as it is getting late.

Regards,

Simmons

---I should not be trusted in any way. It is up to you to validate any
and all information or decided for yourself what to do with this
information---