Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: This mailing list on a blog

From: "Robert Wesley McGrew" <wesley () mcgrewsecurity com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:55:51 -0500

On 15 May 2007 18:30:46 -0000, krymson () gmail com <krymson () gmail com> wrote:
We could break it down some more. What could secFocus do to combat this and >what can users do?

I'm not sure that anything SecFocus can do will really make a dent in these >operations unless they close both the
archives and the mailing list signup. The >necessary evils of the Internet. :(

For users, I hate to say it because it is like saying "leech on P2P networks" which >kinda breaks down the whole spirit of it, but you can
post from something like >Yahoo or Hotmail accounts with an assumed name so that you yourself are not >being exposed on various other splogs and
sites and whatnot. Then again, I'd >hate to see people resort to that in order to be more dramatic and personally >attacking. It's
definitely a debatable line.

I'm not sure I understand the problem here.  Why is it such a bad
thing to have blogs and such bring in content from the mailing list,
and why should we combat it?

--
Robert Wesley McGrew
http://mcgrewsecurity.com